Thursday 23 February 2017

Needle felting today

Today Jenny Stacy did a bit of sewing and a bit of needle felting. 
Love playing with colours when fusing textiles together. Current work by Jenny Stacy
The up side of having a quiet shop in February is that I can get lots of my own things made. And few things are more satisfying that puting colours and textures together and seeing what they look like. I use my own handmade felt and anything else that is to hand, especially if it's a bit glittery!

By the way the red and white fabric is what I'm wearing, not part of what I'm making in case you were wondering...I'll share some better photos soon.

3 comments:

With Added Discretion said...

Lovely! I've been picking sheep's wool from barbed wire when I'm out and about. I just dyed some with turmeric and am planning on needle felting it. I discover that these bits of found wool are called hentilagets. Anna x

jenny said...

How interesting. I wonder where the word 'hentilaget' stems from? x

jenny said...

Ah. It's a Scottish word.