Monday 19 September 2016

Gold Letters

A wedding card made by me, Jenny Stacy with gold letters
Gold glitter letters - 10 sheets per pack - for sale in Handmade Happiness
Liberty print letters - now sold out 
Gold glitter letters spelling out 'Congratulations' for sale in Handmade Happiness
I do like a bit of gold. I use it as a highlight in collage, and these gold letters are great for gift wrapping. Even plain tissue paper can be made to look very luxurious with the person's name spelt out in gold glitter letters on the gift. And the simple handmade card would look quite ordinary without the gold lettering on it.

Gold is also one of the colours of autumn. Golden leaves and Virginia creeper reds, browns and orange. It feels like we've missed out on autumn this year with record high temperatures to mid September. My plans are all about Christmas colours and Christmas decorating right now.

After a disastrous attempt at marbling paper this week, using very old inks that had nearly dried up, I am still seeking marbled paper with gold streaks in it. That would be fabulous for Christmas gift wrapping both in the shop and at home.

2 comments:

Brenda Tilbury said...

I'm loving the gold too......and I love your wedding card xx

jenny said...

Thank you Brenda. You are the expert at making cards with gold in them!x