Tuesday 2 August 2016

Wedding thoughts

My lovely daughter got married on Saturday. She looked beautiful, the flowers were much complimented and the weather couldn't have been better!
Promise I'll post more photos as soon as I have them but in the meantime Handmade Happiness is getting a wedding themed window this week and right now, I just want to thank all those wonderful friends who helped me.

Brenda Tilbury taught me how to make buttonholes and how to spiral stems in wedding bouquets. She made a giant heart wreath for the reception and provided flowers and leaves from her garden/ allotment and let me use all her floristry wires and tapes.Thank you Brenda.
Anna allowed me to pick what I wanted from her garden. Thank you Anna. And Carol brought in flowers and leaves, even a plant in a pot from her garden. Thank you Carol.
Anne Bennett walked into the countryside with me and together we gathered from the hedgerows for that country wedding look. Thank you Anne.

Finally, my friend Tara could have been mistaken for a florist as she deftly assembled flowers and foliage into bunches. Anyone who saw the shop on Thursday might have thought it was a florists with so many buckets of flowers and leaves on the floor. Tara also provided all the tall sage and rosemary branches which contributed to the lovely smell at the wedding reception.

I'm off to the shop now to install that wedding-themed window! Hope to see you there.

2 comments:

Brenda Tilbury said...

Hi Jenny, I can't wait to see the photos of the big day! I'm glad it all went well....see you soon xx

molebags said...

Love the order of service- beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics! xxx