Saturday 9 April 2016

Statement necklaces

Roses on the mantlepiece
I bumped into an old friend the other day. A long time ago, when I lived in Chichester, Jayne used to help me make necklaces when I had a big order on. She reminded me of life then. We'd sit at my dining-room table, and I remember us gluing tiny pictures onto beads. I had an agent then and it was mostly necklaces made at that table.

It's been a long time since I made what I used to call 'statement' necklaces. I made them for companies that would give me fabric swatches to match colours and patterns for the next season and I also had a cabinet in Pallant House Gallery. Many of the beads I made myself and I painted wooden beads so the resulting necklaces were highly individual.

Then this same agent got me a big order to make quirky childrens' jewellery and I seem to have left the womens' necklaces behind and haven't really gone back to them. However I want to go back to making statement necklaces now. They would be fun to have in the shop. I'll keep you posted. Today I'm finishing off a bunting order and starting on a wedding card order. What are you doing? I hope you enjoy your day.

No comments: