Wednesday 13 April 2016

Cup cake skirts and vintage bunting

The dolls line up in the Handmade Happiness window
Red Liberty print paper doll by Jenny Stacy
Bunting for a food van from my old fabrics
Pretty vintage style fabrics 
Blurred picture showing how the paper dolls look in the window!
I've been busy making and I had such fun showing off a different use for the cup cake cases from Meri Meri I have for sale. Children would love to make these paper dolls.

 The thing to avoid with children is using the brass paper clips I've joined them with. These are very sharp but a skilful mum could cut out the dolls so they all joined hands without fastenings. Use white card not paper and children (and women) will enjoy painting on the faces and shoes like I did.

I also made two lengths of 'shabby chic' bunting for a food van and think the result is very pretty. My daughter has plenty of  bunting for her wedding lent by friends. My next focus is a wedding card order from someone who just asked for 'the most beautiful card'. Let's hope she likes it! Think I'll make a few alternative cards and I can put the rest for sale in the shop.

3 comments:

Brenda Tilbury said...

Hi Jenny, I love the paper dolls, they look amazing! And so does the bunting of course......! See you soon when I get back from Suffolk xx

jenny said...

Thanks Brenda. Hope you are having a good time in Suffolk. See you soon.xxx

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.
vintage skirts are perfect for casual formal and every occasion.