Friday 3 July 2015

Collage workshop

Collage by Jenny Stacy - post card sized
Collage by Jenny Stacy
Collage card by Jenny Stacy
Lots of collage postcards by Jenny Stacy

Regular readers will know I like nothing better than making collages. And next Thursday July 9th I'll give a workshop on making them at Winton House in Petersfield. 7-9pm £10 to include materials and a glass of wine.

We'll start off painting papers, maybe adding a bit of gold wax or glitter or the odd button or bit of embroidery. Then we'll tear out any pictures from old magazines that particularly appeal to us. I'll bring along old stamps and bits of fabric people might like to use. If you want to join the fun drop into Handmade Happiness to book your place.

Last night Karen Head, felt maker gave us an excellent workshop on Making a Felt Flower. Everyone made a pieces of felt with silk fibres in and then cut it and shaped it into a flower. Most people achieved two or three flowers in the two hours and everyone had a good time. Thank you Karen. Handmade Happiness sells Karen's nuno felt wraps - I'll photograph them in the shop today so you can see how clever she is. www.karenhead.co.uk



4 comments:

Brenda Tilbury said...

Thank you Jenny! I had a very enjoyable time at the felting evening and I'm already wearing my orange flower brooch....I am so disappointed at not being able to come to the collage evening.....but I'm sure you'll need to hold another one soon! Love Brenda x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment Brenda. We may have another collage evening later in the year depending on how well supported Thursday's is. After September the workshops will be all handmade Christmas related. Jenny x

molebags said...

Really enjoyed the evening, even though my flower turned out lop-sided!

jenny said...

Glad you are joining us tomorrow for the collage workshop Carol. (Lop-sided flowers rule! That's the beauty of handmade.) x