Friday 20 March 2015

Seascapes and lino cuts by Christine Burgess

'Breeze' by Christine Burgess. Love this painting.
'Dunes' by Christine Burgess
'Wild Woods II' by Christine Burgess
Lino cut card by Christine Burgess
'Dandelion' lino cut card by Christine Burgess
When I started Handmade Happiness I already had a nucleus of makers, old friends, whose work I wanted to sell. One of these is Christine Burgess. I have known her for many years and Christine constantly impresses me. Everything she does turns out well.

She ran a successful childrens' craft shop called Crocodile Crafts in Chichester. She turned her attention to wood turning and produced the most beautiful bread boards and wood serving boards. Her lino cuts are sophisticated and popular and now, her amazing acrylic paintings usually featuring the sea and cloudy skies just blow me away.

These three paintings pictured above are her latest work, delivered to Handmade Happiness this week. Now is the time to invest in Christine Burgess. I have a strong feeling her work will be very collectable in the near future. 

No comments: