Wednesday 11 February 2015

Charity shop bargains

Sevi child's necklace £1 and child's knitting needles 20p
Glass vase 75p; green Denby pot £2 and pleasing white lidded pot 50p
Book of fashion illustrations 50p these are by esdar maren.
Love this ceramic egg holder.£1
 I felt like a run round the charity shops yesterday and these things are what I found. 
The necklace reminds me of the first time I saw a Sevi necklace and how it inspired me to paint beads for childrens' necklaces and even wacky dressed animal beads and people beads. Some of them were bought by Neiman Marcus. That was a long time ago.

I always look for heavy glass vases to hold spring flowers. I really like the design of this one. And that green pot. Is it me or is there something special about certain shades of green right now. I want to paint walls green in my house. Deep lime or olive.

The fashion illustrations book is ideal for making into carrier bags for the shop. They will look great. 

And I remember seeing these ceramic egg holders being sold on a stall somewhere. I have a feeling I liked them but they were £20 each.
There is something satisfying about finding just what you like at a bargain price.
Today I'll take photographs in the shop to share with you. 

No comments: