Tuesday 19 November 2013

Christmas windows in Chichester

Between the Lines - colour
Advent calendars in Between the Lines
Smart gift boxes of luxury French products at L'Occitane
The White Company
Bit of a whirlwind day off yesterday. After a check up at the dentist I whizzed round the charity shops (should I have bought that beige Italian brand cashmere top for £5? I didn't.) I then met up with an old friend in the M&S cafe and we spent a happy two hours 'puting the world to rights'.

 Then to Ruth Ellacott's house to collect a rag rug. Ruth is an artist with a great sense of colour. I love this latest random stripe rug. It looks like moonshine on a dark sea. (You'll see what I mean when I show you a picture.) Ruth also enjoys patchwork and again it's the way she selects colour and pattern that makes her work special. I'll also have some of her patchwork pieces in the shop this week. 

Then I drove out to see ceramacist Kate Hackett to re-stock with her popular decorations and pick up some great Christmas mugs with robins, angels and snowmen on. (Pictures to come.) En route home I did another charity run in Midhurst and found a lovely pair of dark grey velvet evening trousers which will be good to wear at Christmas.

I'm looking forward to getting back in the shop today to 're-merchandise' (re-arrange the stock) and put out all the new things. I also have a very easy idea for a Christmas window display although that won't be done until nearer the weekend.

No comments: