Thursday 27 December 2012

Wooly scarves by Hume Sweet Hume and general wool gathering



These warm, wooly and totally stylish scarves are made by  Hume Sweet Hume and stocked  by Handmade Happiness

With the old year passing away and the new one beginning I'm thinking about life. 
I always used to think that everyone else was achieving more than I was and coping better with everything than I was. Now I realise that everyone has problems and issues. No matter how perfect an individual appears - and there are lots of those 'perfect' individuals  in magazines and on the telly - it is all an 'appearance'.No- one can teach you how to live more successfully. Their ideas for making your life work better may not suit your personality. 

Your own ideas based on what you know about what works for you are the best ones.
For example, I know that I procrastinate. I put off til tomorrow what should be done right now. I tell myself 'I'll do that later'.

 The 'To Do' list is a bad idea for procrastinators like me. Once it's written down in a list there is a great sense of achievement but 'To Do' is a long way from 'Done'!  Also a list encourages working at one thing then crossing it off whereas a lot of us can get more done by multi-tasking.

  So before you read all those life improving magazine articles based on New Year resolutions just take a moment to think this:
I am going to work with what I've got. I know my strengths and my weaknesses and I can use them to help me get where I want to go. I am going to stop beating myself up. I will be kind to myself and enjoy working out how to improve my life my way. 


No comments: