Tuesday 11 September 2012

Creativity at Anthropologie

Love this giant papier mache wall object. It snakes round made of ripped up cardboard boxes painted and gilded in places. 

Big tassels strung up like giant necklaces.

Yesterday I walked up Kings Road from Sloane Square to Worlds End and back again taking umpteen pictures as I went. 
The best shop for me is Anthropologie. I got permission to take photos - you'll see more tomorrow. I love the extravagant way they do their displays. All using recycled materials. 
I like the arty lampshades in the middle picture, especially the dyed one on the left. Handmade lampshades, preferably with handmade bases too, are something I'd like to have in Handmade Happiness soon.

So good to be in London again. And the highlight was meeting  my son for a coffee and catch up at The Bluebird cafe. Feel I've had the best day off. Now back to work re-inspired!


1 comment:

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

Love Anthropologie. We used to live just off The King's Road and often visited Antiquarius the antique arcade that was in that building. It is wonderful to see that it continues to be used by a creative force.