Saturday 28 April 2012

How is this supported?

Here is the growing wall at Anthropologie in Regent Street, London I was talking about a few days ago. Imagine the expertise that went into planting and maintaining it!  Is there soil in the wall? Maybe there are shallow box shelves hidden with greenery dotted all over it? It appears unsupported but it must be or it could not grow. 

We people also need support in order to grow and flourish. Some days we feel supported and some days we don't. A kindly word of encouragement can set us up for the day.

 It is one of life's mysteries to me how other blogs get comments and mine doesn't.  Maybe I don't invite comments and other blogs do. So today I'm inviting comments. I would love to hear from you. Do you enjoy looking at this blog? Is there anything you particularly like or dislike about it? Is the comment proceedure more difficult than other blogs? Let me know so I can continue to grow and improve it!



6 comments:

Cheltenham Average said...

To be honest I don't comment on any blogs - I just like looking at them. what I like about your blog is that you post everyday, you always have photos and I wish I lived nearer so I could come in your shop.

Anonymous said...

The owl is to be an ornament for Sadie and Ruby who love owls. Don't worry about safety. We are very vigilant. So - is it possible to buy one?
As to the hanging wall - they became quite popular over here. I can't remember the name of the company that does them, but when I look it up I'll send you more info.
More later Hazelxx

jenny said...

Jane emailed to say she loves this blog and looks at it every day. She has tried the comment thing but finds it too much of a 'faff'.
Thank you Cheltenham Average and Hazel for your nice comments. Hazel I'll email you re: owls.x

jenny said...

Hazel has sent a link on who supplies 'vertical gardens'. thanks Hazel. It's www.uzplanters.com/Vertical-Garden-Pods/Woolly-Pockets/

Karin Moorhouse said...

Hi Handmade Happines - I dont usually comment on blogs, nor do I get comments on my blog - I post 'em all in FB and look to response from there. Your blog is lovely, great photos, and unlike, me, you make regular entries - all round well done!

jenny said...

Thank you Karin. I look forward to seeing you again on the Arundel Gallery trail.