Wednesday 28 March 2012

Walking and Thinking

In Petersfield's Physic Garden in the sun
I am thinking a lot about the shop at the moment. 
Someone said to me,'Make the most of every square inch' and this is what I have not being doing.
  I think I need to take everything out and put it all back in again differently. I have two rooms and I'm inclined to forget about one of them! As you go in you are in a lobby area which cannot be seen from the other main shop area. At the moment the big wall in the lobby is covered by an inspiration board and a community notice board with some art works to the left. Apart from a bookcase of books for sale that is all there is in the lobby area. To make the most of every inch I must convert this space to selling space. 


I'm reminded of the Petersfield Book Shop. It has a large open area to the left of the shop full of books. This is the part of the shop that never closes. There is an honesty box and people may buy from there 24 hours a day. That is the kind of town Petersfield is where people are assumed to behave well and they do...

No comments: