Tuesday 29 November 2011

A treasured Fairy Mouse


Photo by Henry Ascoli
This mouse belongs to a lovely customer. It reminds me of those tiny dressed mice - in Liberty prints?- I vaguely remember from childhood. Her son sent me this picture and I hope they don't mind me posting it on my blog. The mouse is old and 'falling apart' but still very special.

I spent Sunday with the oldest member of our family(80) and the youngest (nearly one). Baby Sofia is a delight to watch. Crawling at a terrific speed, like a baby bullet, through furniture legs and over peoples' feet with a happy, relaxed nature and a ready smile.

 'Granny' must have been like that once. But now she is trying to come to terms with the loss of her life-long partner. A man she thinks the world of. Her family visit often  but they can't bring him back to her. Right now baby and Granny need about the same amount of care. Life seems to take you on a circular path. 

No comments: