Wednesday 23 November 2011

Eating Well

 This picture was taken at Sussex Produce in Steyning High Street.

We are all so busy that it is easy to get into bad eating habits. I find that I snack in the shop on junk to keep myself going rather than eating proper nutritious meals.


Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a cook/housekeeper to provide bowls of nourishing soup and colourful chopped fruit at intervals, not to mention keeping the house clean and tidy for us to come back to at the end of a long working day?


It's this juggling act of trying to achieve in all areas that sometimes ties us up in knots. From the moment we wake up there's the house wanting to be cleaned and tidied; maybe some excercise; replying to emails; taking  phone calls. Then work proper starts. I find that my ideal early morning includes a boiled egg for breakfast - with marmite and a brisk walk for half an hour with a friend. Both generate lots of energy for getting everything else done.

No comments: