Sunday 21 August 2011

The WOW! factor


This fab postcard is by 21st century yarns. Colours and textures that make you say 'Wow'. That's what I want for my shop. 
What I am finding, and it's quite frustrating, is that companies I like have large minimum orders I can't afford. Drop, a Norwegian company that produces nice Alpacas and pure wool asks you to order between 80 and 100 kilos of yarn - that's between £1,500 and £2,000 worth.


 Colinette who do wonderful colours and unusual ribbon yarn want £600 plus VAT for a first order - that's £720 up front. Too rich for me. Mind you I haven't yet approached 21st century yarns and their stuff is wonderful...

Are yarn companies assuming that every trade order will come from a wool shop? What about people like me that just want a small section of their shop for colourful yarns? Why don't they have a 'gallery deal' so shops can order just what they like? The artful displays these shops will create are an excellent free advertisement for the yarn companies concerned.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: